Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Week 4 Round Up!

So this week I put on weight. It was the first week this round that I have. And I know exactly why (being on holidays – slice of cake here and there, and being sick – no exercise) but that’s not what this post is about. It’s about the fact that when I saw I had put on 2.5kg on Sunday I DID NOT THEN GO AND BINGE MONDAY AND TUESDAY! Normally if this was to happen I would give up for Monday and Tuesday thinking that what was the use of trying, there’s no way I can lose 2.5kg in two days, I might as well just start again on Wednesday with a new weigh in week.

But no, on Monday I got right back on track – eating sensibly and drinking my water. I had two great days of drinking water (today, not as good – but back on it tomorrow!). Every day – every hour – every minute you can start again! There is no perfect date or time to start again. Start now! This very second! And I got this 2.5kg gain down to a 900g gain.

I’ve also realised that being sick can’t be an excuse for putting on weight. Sure, I couldn’t exercise (had a chest infection/head cold) but I really didn’t need to eat that dessert or have those bbq shapes, but I did use being sick as an excuse. I am proud that I didn’t have an epic binge (or binges) as I’ve done before…many many times.

Week 4 is always a turning point for me. I do great up until Week 4 and then I usually just think it’s all too hard and give up. I still do lots of events, but I don’t think about my eating and I do little to no exercise outside of events. This changestoday! Now that my chest infection is mostly cleared up I’m off to do Week 1/Day 1 of Couch to 5km after work and tomorrow I have Group PT.

The only way my body will change is if my behaviour changes. That’s it. Full stop. I’ve wished and thought about it enough, now it’s time for action!

Update:

So I did my fitness test and a walk/run and really surprised myself with my results (flexibility was the same so I left that out)!


Oh, and that 900g gain? Gone today!!


 

1km Time Trial

Push Ups

Ab Strength (Plank)

Wall Sit

Week 1

11:11

20

0:30

0:52

Week 4

9:10

32

1:51

2:03

Difference



-2:01

+ 12

+ 1:21

+ 1:11



 




No comments:

Post a Comment