Sunday, November 10, 2013

12wbt Round 4 Eve

You know when you were a kid and it was the night before Christmas and all you wanted was for it to be Christmas already? And that when you went to bed, and woke up the next morning it would be Christmas?

That's how I feel right now about the next round of 12wbt starting tomorrow. I have signed up for every round this year and while I've barely lost any weight (or have lost and gained the same weight), I have learnt and experienced so much. I feel like this is my round when it's all going to come together. This year I've learnt more about myself then I ever have before:

1. I am a good friend.
2. I am someone people want to be around and spend time with.
3. I can make wacky plans and then actually follow through on them (20km walk....)
4. I am worth looking after my health.

So, this round. Round 4, 2013. Wow. 2014 is almost here! I turn 30 next year, and my goal is to be in the mid 80kg range by my birthday (26th of March). That measns losing more than 22kg. It's 19 weeks away so is definitely doable.

How am I going to do it?

1. Watch what I eat, and deal with my emotions instead of eating them. I also need to grow up a bit when it comes to food. No, I don't need that ice cream just because I want it. I also need to start eating more varied vegetables. My aim? One new vegetable every week.

2. Move my body. If there's one thing I've learnt this year it's that to be motivated to move my body it needs to be something that I love doing, which usually means something that doesn't feel like a workout but burns up those calories.

3. Get deeper into my mindset. I have signed up to do a nutitional pschology course, but apart from printing out everything have not touched it. I also committ to watching each and every 12wbt video.

4. Nourish my body. This one isn't about food, it's about taking my vitamins and supplements and getting into the routine of taking them. I'll be taking magnesium, chlorophyll, a probiotic, and fish oil.

5. Take time with my appearence. I'm never going to be a beauty queen, but I would like to start looking after my nails, and wearing makeup (light) to work every day. Just those simple things, but actually start to care about it.

Over night I now need to think of what my weekly challenge is going to be. I have a few events lined up so just need to fill in the blanks and then put out the call and see if any crazy cats want to join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment