Monday, November 18, 2013

Round 3 Finale!

It's been over a week now but thought I should finally do a round up of what was Round 3 Finale in Sydney!

I had only decided and organised to go a few days before and with some great flights and free accommodation on one night and finding a roomie for the second night I was set to go. Begged to have a half day of work on the Friday and found myself on a 2pm flight from Brisbane to Sydney to where all the fun was to begin!

I didn't go to finale because I'd done anything spectacular that round. I had ticked a few things of my list but my weight was still exactly the same as it was at the start of the round having lost and gained the same 3 or 4kg. I wanted to go to get inspired again, and to spend some time with some really amazing people. I wanted to complete the whole workout and dance, and chat and take lots of selfies!

Then, suddenly, an even more amazing reason for going happened! On finale night! My very dear friend CocoGirl was in the Top 10 for the night!!! This girl is amazing. She is the kindest person you will ever meet in your life and she's run 3, yes 3!!! Half Marathons this round!. And I was lucky enough to be there for 2 of them. She is always there to listen to others and always inclusive of everyone and is just all round one the good ones.

So, the Friday night was pretty laid back with some drinks and dinner, then back to the hotel for some much needed rest for the big day on Saturday. I wasn't volunteering this time (I did at Adelaide Finale) so was able to have a sleep in and head over at around 9am. At the workout I looked around at the stalls, chatted to some people, put real people to Facebook names and finally at 11am it was time to work out!

The workout was hard, and there were a few things I had to modify because of my wrist (chronic tendonitis) but I had a blast! I did so much more than I thought I did and even managed a few high fives from Michelle Bridges! For one section I decided to go to the front and stand in front of the instructor doing the beginners version of the workout. She smiled and winked at me a few times which was really cool.

After the workout was done it was time for photos with Mish and I once again was able to get a selfie with her!

After the work out my roomie and I went back to the hotel, checked in and was greeted with an awesome view of darling harbour from our room! It was so beautiful and perfect! We had a bit of a rest and then headed off to do some shopping and get our makeup done. I bought a new clutch bag for the night ($12.95 from Sportsgirl!) and then headed to Napolean to get my make up done. I can't say how much I love Napolean! The girls there are always so friendly and always do an amazing job and really listen to what I want. Since the Brisbane finale I've discovered a love of a bold lip colour. In Brisbane and Sydney I had pink and in Adelaide I had red. I have also discovered how amazing lashes are! This time I went for lashes that had sparkles on them so every time I blinked they gave a flash. Loved them! And so sad they only last the night.

The night was spent again, catching up and talking with lots of people, putting Facebook/Instagram names to real life people's faces. Watching the top 10 transformations was so inspiring! Hearing there stories and what they had achieved in the last 3 months had me thinking, if they can do it, surely I can to?

I came back and signed up for Round 4. And this one I'm doing fully and completely. If I do the program I can have nothing more than success.

I'm currently on holidays but when I get back home I'll putting up a few more things here on the blog to keep me on track and inspired.

And now...photos!

On the way to Sydney!
 

The view from our hotel room!

So excited to be at the workout!!!

Mish and Me, Me and Mish. Love.

Make up freshly done! Love the lashes!

The sparkly lashes!!!

How YOU doin'?

Sad that finale is alllll over. Never shall there be a finale night again.
Me and the gorgeous Alana! So happy to have been able to spend time with her that night!

Mish and Me, Me and Mish. At finale night!

Me trying to get a selfie with CocoGirl with her on stage! (Also Catherine and Michaela!)

I was so proud I did my own hair that night, even though it wasn't the best :)

I'm up in lights! Second row, first picture and bottom row, sixth picture.

Me and Godfrey - Michelle Bridges security man.
Me and the gorgeous CocoGirl. AKA Kate :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I didnt even know about the finales!!! It looks like a lot of fun!

    Give everything you've got this round and smash it ;-) sounds like you've got the passion and determination :)

    ReplyDelete