Sunday, February 9, 2014

12wbt Round 1 (February Start) and Finale



What an amazing weekend. A tiring weekend, a weekend of learning, a weekend of facing reality, and a weekend that I think will change my life. That’s a lot of responsibility for a weekend, but it happened.
This weekend just passed was the 12wbt Summer Festival. It was the even that replaced the Finale/Workout weekend. When it was first announced that there would be no finale night a lot of people were upset, but after my experience on the weekend I can say that the Summer Festival was amazing. There were lots of workshops, and more access to Michelle and so much more time to meet new people!

I was also fortunate enough to be asked to be one of the One Active Fashion models for the Fashion Parade! A nerve wracking but exciting proposal that turned out to be a big wake up call for me. 

More on that soon, let’s start from the beginning of the weekend.

Saturday night was the unofficial party/drinks organised by the talented and gorgeous Julie and was a wonderful night to catch up with friends, and make online friends into in-person friends. It’s always inspiring to hear others stories of how successful their 12wbt round was, or what they learnt, or the things they challenged themselves with. 

After 5 hours sleep it was time to go to the 30 plus Breakfast that is held each round, and after a lovely breakfast it was time to head over to the Convention Centre to start getting our makeup done for the fashion parade. There was just enough time to get our base makeup done, so when it was time to go on all that needed done was finishing up! 

The first session I went to was the Mindset session by Michelle Bridges and 3 of my friends were guest speakers: The amazing Kate, formidable Cathy and the gorgeous Kirsty! This session was my favourite of the day. Hearing Mish, in person, as well as the women on stage, I had some true eye-opening moments and thoughts of clarity. If I want to be where I want to be, I have to change the now. Don’t think, just do.
These thoughts were cemented by all the photos of the day. Except for a few photos of my face, I hated every single photo I’ve so far seen of the weekend. I look un-healthy and that scares me. I’m finally understanding that what I think I see in the mirror is not actually what’s real. A lot of the time I don’t actually feel “big”. I feel unfit when doing events, but never really felt big. Now I can see it – and it scares me, and I hate it, and it’s time to change it for good. No more yo-yo-ing weights. It’s only down from here.
After a year of doing 12wbt rounds, I know what to do. I know what to eat, and I know what exercise to do. Just do, don’t think. 

The fashion parade was such a privilege to be in. I was excited and nervous all at once, and also didn’t feel like I completely deserved to be there. Yes, I’ve challenged myself in the last year with lots of events, but I haven’t lost much weight (up and down in the same 10kg range), and I was up there on stage with others who could say they have. I felt huge, and uncomfortable, but gave it my best – put on a smile and faked confidence. The 12wbt staff and the crew they had working with them were just amazing, telling us all how gorgeous we were and what a good job we were doing so I am very thankful to them.

And now to some pictures - the ones I did like ( the ones I didn’t are great before photos!)

The Supermodel Green Room

Our shoes!

Meeting Mish! She took time out her busy rehearsal to come say hi to us!

Look at those guns!

Morning of the Festival - at 30+ Breaky

See? I really was a model!

Great "before"photo

No comments:

Post a Comment