Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Week 3 Wrap Up



First onto Weigh in Wednesday! Another 500grams lost today never to be seen again! This makes a total of 2.3kg since the start of round! And also makes it 5 more weeks exactly (my birthday is on Wednesday) until my first goal – to be under 100kg! I have updated my Every Kilo page with current stats. Can’t wait to see more green on there this round!

So my exercise plan has continued on a strong path since my last update with  completing PT, swimming, beach workouts, more swimming and a kettlebell workout with my new 8kg Kettlebell Bella! Food has also been pretty spot on. No binges, and even after a night out for dinner for Valentines day, I was super happy with my 500g loss! 

Life has gotten in the way a little so far this week. I had a great kettlebell and skipping workout on Monday after work, but yesterday went home with a massive headache. I’m pretty sure it was due to dehydration so this afternoon I’m trying to get the water consumption up. 

Drinking enough water has always been a huge challenge for me. Add into that a coke zero addiction and you could say I’m chronically under-hydrated. So from now until next Wednesday I’m am going to challenge myself to drink 2 litres of water per day. Will be interesting to see what effect that has on weight loss for the week too!

I also feel like I need to up the intensity of my workouts. I now know it is possible to get home and do a workout after work so working out longer and harder is the next goal. I can burn through 500 cals in a 45 minute session with my PT, but at home I’m lucky to get around 250-300 for the same amount of time. I think this is purely to do with how much harder I work when there is someone there pushing you, plus my 3 gorgeous friends who do it with me. 

I am also struggling with swimming training – I LOVE swimming but it really doesn’t produce a high calorie burn and adding to this, my heart rate monitor works only when it wants to in water. BUT I need to continue swimming if I want to hit my goal of swimming 750m continuous freestyle. What I’m hoping is that as I get fitter in the water, and can swim further and faster the calorie burn will rise.

Another challenge I have given myself this round is to fit into these shorts:
Project Shorts
I was debating whether to post this or not, but I need some accountability with it so here goes!

More pics from this week:

Beach training, swim and breaky (and no, didn't eat all that bacon!)

Protein pancakes with maple/blueberry sauce and a little low fat cream.

Using my foam roller for the second time....in a year...

Kettlebell Routine!

So sweaty after my kettlebell routine, and yes, I did train next to the bins!

My beloved sunglasses have broken!

My inspiration at work - my gorgeous friends.
Next post! Goals for this round!


No comments:

Post a Comment