Thursday, February 13, 2014

After work exercise - WINNING!



I am proud to announce this week is the first week I’ve ever exercised every since night after work!
It was a challenge I set myself to get into the habit of working out every night. I am terrible at getting up early during the week, so nights it is!

Monday was running intervals, Tuesday swimming – swimming and water running at home, Wednesday was a walk, Thursday was my regular PT session and tonight was a long swim at an aquatic centre.

I have also been 90% on for food. The only additions to what I had planned was a chocolate on Wednesday – regretted it as soon as I finished it – it didn’t even taste good! So lesson learnt there, and dinner last night for Valentine’s Day celebrations. I skipped desert, and only ate my main meal until I was full so I see that as a win. Next Wednesday’s weigh in will tell the tale I’m sure. 

One thing that has surprised me this week is that I did all of this without excel spreadsheets and loads of planning. I just did it – didn’t think, just did. That has been my mantra all week. I really didn’t feel like eating my ham and salad for lunch today. I really wanted Sushi. But I just stopped thinking, and just ate it, and it was yummy and everything is okay and there will still be a day that I will eat Sushi! 

It would usually be around this time of the day that I would start thinking about excuses not to go to the pool. I’m too tired, or the pool will be cold or how nice would it be just to go home and sit on the couch. But I stop thinking about it and I will just do it. If I let those excuses win, I will be no closer to my goal and I have BIG goals!
Running Intervals on Monday

402 cals for running intervals!

Swimming on Tuesday

Lunch today, salad with ham! Yum!


2 comments:

  1. I want you to know a few things...
    When I look at you I see a beautiful woman, that is all.
    I am extremely proud of you.
    You have inspired me - often - and especially this week.
    I know you can do this, I know how much you want to be smaller and I know you can do this.
    You were an amazing model and cheering for you was one of my favourite parts of the weekend.
    Love you xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more thing - I love your blog. Keep writing! :) xx

    ReplyDelete